Monday, September 3, 2007

Old friends and Poo

We had a great weekend of reunions! On Saturday, we went to the birthday party of the 4 year old son of my (in her words) "oldest friend" (she is 15 days older than me :) We have known each other since the 7th grade, but became inseparable in the first week of 9th grade Spanish 2. We were also roommates in Lockmiller dorms at UTC. Her grandfather, Band-daddy, referred to me as his "girlfriend"... at my wedding reception, he asked me what I was doing marrying another man. Stacy is one of those people that I can talk to every month or two and never miss a beat.

On Sunday, we went to Jay and Cynthia's house along with my good friend Dana and her husband, Scott. We had 8 children between us... and they had a great time together. Scott, Dana and I sat together as college freshman in Geology. The interesting thing to me about the 6 of us, is that we were not a friend group, but we each knew the other 5 long before any of us even dated each other (we did all grow up here).

After a couple of hours of catching up, Scott, Dana and family left. Then we had a couple of Dance Revolution contests (Jay's idea), and the guys returned to their Ping Pong tournament. Cynthia and I were sitting in the garage, talking and watching the match, when a spring burst forth from the ceiling. We all just watched it for a minute, and then Jay took off to find the cause. Realizing that our kids could have something to do with it, I said "Adam, follow him".

The source was an overflowing toilet, clogged by a normal amount of matter from our youngest. He just happened to be the lucky one to use the toilet at that time. Jay and Adam sopped up the floor with towels and threw the overflowed little balls back in. I always knew that there was a brotherly love between them, but when a guy will clean up your kid's, poo......:)

Then on the way home, we asked Joseph about it. He told us, very matter-of-factly, that it wasn't just his in there. Another little girl had some balls escape her pants in the playroom, and Caroline picked them up and threw them in the toilet too.

3 comments:

Donna said...

That is a very funny poo story! I am glad everyone had kids and was understanding!

Did you take geology from Dr. Robert Wilson (Doc Rock) when he was on his oxygen machine or had he already passed away?

oofie goofie said...

yes, he was our teacher. Were you in that class? It was maybe at 10 or 11 in the fall of 92. Wish I had known you!

Donna said...

I took that class, but a year before you. I took quite a few other classes from Doc Rock and was in the geology club

Is that where you met Dana or did you know her before college?