Friday, July 13, 2007

Summer Serve in Dalton


Our church is sending a team of children down to Dalton every Thursday. The Government has a free lunch program, Monday - Friday during the summer for underprivileged children. Grace Presbyterian of Dalton sends members to the park daily to interact with the families, we are helping them on Thursdays. Watch a photoshow of the kids yesterday. I was surprised that every single child we saw was Hispanic. They are actually the majority in that area. The children speak English, but many of their parents only speak Spanish. It was a great experience and a teeny tiny eency weency glimpse of what going to Mexico is like.

1 comment:

Keri said...

That is awesome, Ruth! I'm so impressed with the photoshow and I'm so excited about the ministry there. I'm excited that your kids are being exposed, as well. I think it's just great. :)