Monday, July 30, 2007

Any locals interested in studying Spanish?

Charla told me several months ago that the Hoffmans are teaching Spanish classes. They have been on staff at our church a couple of times over the years, they teach Spanish at CCS and were missionairies for several years in Mexico (I think that Lorraine is from Mexico).

I finally called Dave this morning to find out about the Fall class. He told me that so far he had one other person signed up at my level, and it's Keri :) He needs at least one more intermediate student, preferably 2. The session will last for 8 weeks, with an hour-long weekly class.

He has a conversational method, my training thus far has been all literature based. Reciting Spanish poetry did not come in handy in Mexico :) (I won first place in the county for reciting "Las Golondrinas" por Becquer in 12th grade).

If there are 3 in our class, the cost is $150 per person. If there are 4, the cost is $125. Classes start in Sept, let me know if you are interested.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Did they tell you what day of the week it would be? We need to fanagle Josh into doing it. He's a good candidate. :)

Anonymous said...

I guess I have the same question as Keri. What day of the week would this class be? I guess my main concern right now is time, since Christa and I are leading a GT group this fall. But it sounds like a good thing!

oofie goofie said...

We could come up with days and times that work well for all of us, and see if Dave is available any of those times.