Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My new opportunity

So I have been planning ahead for the past year as to what I might do when Joseph goes to school in 2008 (it'll take at least 2 years to find the right job:) Well, I might have found it. Actually, it found me last year but I was not yet ready. The timing seems to be great, too!

I will be working at UNUM about 12 weeks a year. Not starting until 2008. I will be enrolling people into the disablity insurance plans, mainly over the phone with some local travel for one of one meetings and group presentations. Not much work if any over the summers. I would not work at Christmas vacation time. Basically 6 - 8 weeks within Sept, Oct, and November and 4-8 weeks spread out among Jan - May.

For now, I will take a 4 day licensing class in the fall, do about 40 hours of computer training at home after the kids are in bed, spread out through December, go to Portland, Maine for a week early in 2008 and work a couple of weeks spread out through the Spring. Take off for the summer and start the Fall season once all 3 children are in school.

It seems to be the best of both worlds, living as a corporate productive woman for about 12 weeks a year and as a home-maker the other 40.

What does this mean for my nursery coordinator job? I have no idea! I do know that I will not be working very much at UNUM until next Sept. so it should not conflict. I have been doing it for 6 years though. I do need to keep working for now, and I still feel called. but realize that the Lord could call someone else at any time. Lord, could you please wait until at least next fall :) ?

Given the separation anxiety that Joseph has experienced this summer 3 or 4 weeks of separation (a few days at a time) will be good practice for us in preparing him for Kindergarten.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am soooo happy this oppurtunity is still available to you! This is fabulous. How exciting to be able to live in both worlds. YAY for you! and Hugs to Joseph as he makes preparation for that big step of school!