Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Birth Order Test

A friend loaned me her copy of The New Birth Order Book. I am the oldest of three sisters. I have three children, and my husband is the oldest of three boys. While my sister Erica was visiting last week, she picked it up and we took the test. She mixed them up this way:

A. Manipulative, charming, blames others, attention seeker, tenacious, people person, natural salesperson, precocious, engaging, affectionate, loves surprises.

B. Perfectionist, reliable, conscientious, list maker, well organized, hard driving, natural leader, critical, serious, scholarly, logical, doesn't like surprises, loves computers.

C. Mediator, compromising, diplomatic, avoids conflict, independent, loyal to peers, many friends, a maverick, secretive, unspoiled.

We quickly decided correctly that (A) was the third child, it seemed to fit Amy : )
that (B) was the first-born, it seemed to fit me (except for the organized part : )
(C) was the middle child, and Erica fit the mold.

The next day our Mother came over. We thought that we'd "Wow" her with this author's insight and gave her the quiz. She quickly pegged Amy. But reversed mine and Erica's roles. We thought, "that just shows that we know each other more than she knows us."

The day after that our Father came over. We thought that he might be impressed with how accurate this guy was. He too, quickly pegged Amy - poor Amy! ..... and reversed Erica and me. He said, Ruth is definitely the peacemaker, and Erica is definitely the driven one. We wondered how they could both see us so differently than we see ourselves. He told us that if both of them thought the same thing.... then maybe they were right.

How accurate are the results for you?
Key: A- 3rd born, B - 1st born, C - Middle child

3 comments:

Laura said...

My nephews (Lance's sister's boys) are 12, 9, & 6, and I think they fit those birth order descriptions very well. I'm a first-born, as is my son Trevor, and we mostly match the B first-born description. Lance is the second of 2, and I think he matches the C middle child personality.

Lisa said...

I've always had a hard time finding myself in those since I'm a twin with no other siblings. I actually think I fit the middle child category. Go figure!
Jon is a first born and fits that description pretty well.

Keri said...

So what does it say about having only two kids? I never really fit those tests either because I'm a third, but like an only-child. It will be interesting to see what my kids turn out to be like. :)