Thursday, March 8, 2007

Scary Dreams

I have the most bizarre dreams. It is probably a good thing that I don't remember a lot of them. Through the years I have had many spiritual dreams. The best ones about Jesus' 2nd coming.

I know not to read too much into them... but do wonder if there is anything to them. Last night I had a disturbing dream.... that reminded me of a talk on Midday Connection that I was supposed to listen to.

As an aside, in last night's dream, my big toes were in the mouths of serpents. Their mouths were tight around them.... it was very unconfortable, they were holding my toes with their fangs, but they were not allowed to pierce the skin or release their venim. I was trying to shake them off.... but was told "No, it is not yet time, they must remain on you until I remove them".

A month or so ago, I was telling Keri about a recurring "dream" that I had in my college years. I would have them when I went to visit my maternal grandmother in Fairfield Glade, and in the Lockmiller Apts. where I lived on the UTC campus. (I'm sure that my roommates remember).

I would be asleep in bed. Then I would feel this presence hovering above me. I would feel hot breath. I would be unable to move or speak. I would be totally aware of where I was. Who else was around. I would try to yell out "Jesus!". In my mind, I would say "get away from me in the name of Jesus!" I know that only the Lord knows what is going on in my mind and no one else would have heard me, but then it would disappear and I'd sit up and scream.

I have thought that it was probably more than a dream. Keri looked a bit shocked and told me that she had heard the same description of oppression on Midday Connection. Today I listened to it. It was not a dream. That could really scare me. The speaker was named Chip Ingram and reminded the listeners that we are in spritual warfare... but the battle has already been won! ... "Greater is He that is in me than he who is in the world."

.... and to think of the power in His Name. Just by saying the name "Jesus" in my head.... He rescued me. As for the dream last night, I'm not sure... I tend to believe that my mind was processing scriptures that I had read, doctrines learned last night in Theology class and mixing it with television. Maybe not. And those 2nd coming dreams? I'm not sure that they were acurate either... but they did serve a purpose by encouraging me.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Wow, Ruth. I'm glad you were able to finally listen to that episode. I think there's something very special about you to experience all this. It reminds me of the time you say Hannah saw the angel over her. Not really knowing what to say to your post, I'll just leave it at, Wow.

Laura said...

Ruth, I have had to read this entry several times. It is sooo interesting. Like Keri, I'm not sure what to say, but I am impressed that even while asleep, in times of desperate need you call out to Jesus! I do think that in everyday life we have temptations pulling at us (like the snakes on your toes), and God wants us to turn to Him.