Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My baby sister: the Bride!

Amy is now a wife!!! to an adoring husband.

If you had told me a year ago, that with in a year Amy would be a baptized member of our church, Mommy to a new baby girl and a wife (we did not know about Joel this time last year), I never would have believed it. She has grown and changed soooo much this year.... and life for her has changed very quickly!

A few weeks ago, I had the honor of helping her choose a wedding dress. It was so sweet. My eyes were wet a lot of that shopping trip! She and Joel had a private wedding at a lake in the Smokies. Colin was to give her away. We were all sad to miss out on it, but my mother is having a party for them this Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth, I am so glad you got to share in the shopping of a wedding dress for Amy. I hope that with all the changes she has experienced, she has seen the hand of God in each of them. I'm excited for you and her in this new chapter of her life.

Lisa said...

That is so wonderful. She really has had quite a year. Aren't sister's wonderful? : )