Friday, June 8, 2007

La Iglesia en Mexico



Notice the paint colors and the "pews"

It was not too much different from our Worship services, except for the 10 minutes of greeting each other during the middle of the service, and the drums in the praise band: )

I did get a lesson in the story of Jesus overturning the tables of the money-changers. I was perplexed to see book tables with merchandise for sale after the service. Elder John later explained that Jesus became angry because the men were crooks and selling animals for sacrifice at inflated prices at the temple, but these people were not looking to turn a profit, but to provide resources for the growth of the people attending church.

So, I missed my opportunity to buy a Santa Biblia (spanish Bible).... so our fellow team member, Barbara (former Missionary in Puebla) gave me hers. She is dear...but more about our team later.

No comments: