Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Funny Story

My family jokes about me running into someone I know everywhere I go. On Saturday, we were walking through the Acapulco airport. I saw this lady who looked familiar. Then I realized that she looked just like the aunt of one of my highschool friends. I went up to her and said, "you are going to think that I'm crazy, but are you Aunt Doe?" She said "yes". I actually had seen her a few months earlier at her sister's funeral (my friend's mother)... so she remembered who I was too... (I usually remember everyone, but most don't remember me).

She ended up on our flight. When we got to Atlanta, there were no international gates available, so we had to sit on the runway for quite a while. She missed her shuttle to Chattanooga and hitched a ride with us. It's such a small world!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I wish I had even half the memory you do!!!

That is amazing that you saw someone you know there, especially since there were hardly any Americans in Acapulco!

Unknown said...

Not surprised AT ALL that you found someone you knew. I say Benjamin has your memory :) that of an elephant.