Thursday, April 12, 2007

Getting Older....

The other night Hannah walked in as I was watching "Dancing With the Stars". Leeza Gibbons was stiffly "dancing" across the stage. Hannah said, "Momma, I love her costume", I made a comment on how I wouldn't wear it. Hannah said, "Mom, she's much younger than you"... Younger than me!!!! She turned 50 last week.

Time to face facts, I'm starting to age! I don't want to get too carried away, after all, I am only 32! But in the past few months, my aging has definitely accelerated. Things that I wasn't expecting until much later have begun.

For instance, I can't make it through an 45 min. EFX workout with out a tinkle-break. I exercise for 10 minutes. Run to the restroom. ... and then can workout the last 35 minutes. Until recently, I could hold it all day if need be. Information you really wanted to know, huh?

Then, there are the 2am wake-ups. I go to bed freezing. Wearing pajamas, socks, and under sheet, quilt and down comforter. At 2am, I wake up, tear off my socks, pj pants, and throw the blankets off. Sometimes, I move to the couch so that warm bodies will not emit heat near me.

I have also always had a clear complexion.... until now. I am starting to develop sun spots on my face. They are like small, faint freckles so far.... but this is definitly a new develpment!

And don't even get me started about the gray hairs!

I still think that women are in their prime (lookswise) in their 30's. I'll enjoy these last few years and hope that the Lord will develop in me that beauty within that will take over as my youthfulness fades!

I'd rather have that inward beauty and the maturity and perspective anyways!

3 comments:

Donna said...

I definately don't think you look older than Leeza Gibbons! I know what you mean, though, about our bodies changing so much. Last month, I was telling my Mom about how I felt so old because my hip was hurting among other things, and she just laughed and said wait until you are 60!

You still look very young, and I think you are very much like your Grandmother, who was beautiful all her life!

Lisa said...

I loved reading this post. You made me laugh! I was noticing some new wrinkles on my forehead today...but you're right-we're still in our prime! : )

Keri said...

I said something the other day about getting wrinkles when I get old and David said something to the effect of, "Uh, you have a ton of wrinkles already around your eyes and your mouth and your forehead."

I agree with Donna. You are so beautiful and you carry yourself so gracefully. I admire that about you, among other things. :)

See you tomorrow!