Wednesday, February 6, 2008




I was struck by the beauty of Mexico. Such a majestic flag, such beautiful topograghy, of course the ocean, beautiful trees and flowers. Yet we walked past human excrement on the road, trash in the streets, graffiti, and there is the unclean water.

It's kind of like us (believers), we are image bearers of Christ, yet clouded and junked up by our sin. I'll spare you the filth images, you can use your imagination.

(the same can be said for our city, too. When Adam and I were dating, we'd often go to the riverfront to talk and watch garbage float down the river.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Beautiful! It reminds me of scenes out of some movie from the 1950's.

And, I like your analogy of us, created as such perfect and beautiful beings, but we "junk up" ourselves with sin. I've been pondering that ever since you first posted it.