Sunday, March 30, 2008

Flattered

I went to elementary school at Rivermont, and then moved across the country to East Ridge : ). Over my junior high and high school years, I'd occasionally run in to an elementary school friend. Over the past 2 years, I've run into 2 people that I had not seen since 5th grade, but recognized me because of my daughter. They said that it was like looking at me.

Last week at the ballfield a girl asked "Did you have a sister in the 1994 TN Jr. Miss Pageant?" I said, "yes, Erica". She said that she had been in the pageant with my sister. I asked her how she knew that we were sisters, had she seen us together? She said "No, you look just alike". Funny, I did not think so, but thanks!

3 comments:

Donna said...

That is funny, Ruth! Being at the ballfields makes me feel like I'm in high school or college again, because I used to watch so many of Scott's ball games back then.

We were all bummed about the game being rained out last night (except Shelby, who doesn't like going to the ballfields). Cooper was excited about playing Jack, Preston and Trey's team!

Unknown said...

OK YOU MUST REMOVE THIS BLOG...My friends read it and so few know of my TN Junior Miss days, and I would like to keep it that way, And it was not a pageant :) It was a program!!! hehe

Unknown said...

Oh and I do appreciate you were flattered...truly. I feel like my days of "rachel" are long gone...you have taken over that role!